Merriam-Webster defines ‘harass’ as “to annoy persistently: to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct”.
On Inheritance Gambit, we extend this to any contact through our site and servers. Of note, this is the creation of a ‘hostile situation’ even if that is not the intent. Common forms of harassment, ICly or OOCly, recognized by us include but may not be limited to:
- Sexual – The making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks, either ICly or OOCly.
- Contact – Unwanted communication via the game and site such as chat, com-channels, pages, @mail, etc.
- Stalking – A type of harassment involving the following of, or repeated attempts to get the attention of, someone.
- Abuse – Humiliation, intimidation, bullying and other forms of mental and emotional torment.
- Discrimination – Prejudicial treatment based on the grounds of things such as race, age, sex, orientation, gender identity, etc.
If you feel you are being harassed, please refer to our policy on Player Conflict. In all cases, the action must be persistent and the instigating Player must have been asked, in some manner, to cease.
- 2017-10-10 by Galactica – Policy Created