Inheritance Gambit is, above all other things, an environment for telling stories of a wide variety of types and scales from personal stories of adventure, loss or redemption to city shaking epics that redefine life as we know it. There are a few things we would like to note about our ‘playstyle’ here, though, in order to better understand the nature of the world we share.
Inheritance Gambit is a persistent and living world.
- Is a town destroyed in RP? Does an important person die? Hell, does an unimportant person die? What happens in Inheritance Gambit happens for all and much like the real world things change. Sometimes they change in big ways and sometimes they change in small ones but the land, its inhabitants and perhaps even things beyond are shaped by and respond to the stories that unfold.
You can change that world.
- The world responds to the stories within it, and not all of those city shaking epics will be told by staff. Have an idea? Check our PRP page and see if it’s covered. If it is, go right ahead and run with it. Is it not covered? Feel free to ask.
- There are some things Staff will insist upon retaining control over for theme and RP reasons, but we’ll be more than happy to hear you out and work with you to find a story you can tell. Not everything will be possible, but many things are.
Your story is yours to tell.
- You’ll find a lot of our system commands stripped down. There’s some logging, in case Staff needs to mediate disputes, and some commands to help you keep track of your Fate Points and to roll your skills but that’s really it. The system is only there as a tool for you to use in your RP and to proactively manage player conflict. Use it as much or as little as you like so long as you’re not stepping on other people’s RP.
- Staff doesn’t want to micromanage your RP. So long as it’s not breaking any rules (the details of which are in our PRP policy) and not stepping on anyone else’s fun, go for it. In fact we encourage it. Have fun telling your tale and entertain others in the process. It’s why we’re all here.
- 2017-10-10 by Galactica – Policy Created