Created as part of the Russian project “White Devil”, Aleksei was raised in a Framework simulation along with his sister. But never let it be said that Russians don’t learn from history. With electronic records of the original Piotr Rasputin to go on, they decided to alter his DNA a bit before cloning him, splicing in some of his brother Mikhail’s in an attempt to make him more likely to end up a loyal soldier of Mother Russia.
Unsurprisingly, the simulation stressed conformity and loyalty and might very well have worked had Aleksei not been attracted to other boys and not at all to girls. Considering he’d be expected to help sire a new generation, it was a trait they did not approve of and tried to condition him out of. Often physically. It not only didn’t work, it also bred anger and resentment which strongly countered the underlying conditioning.
He was about fourteen when they pulled him from the framework, forcing him to confront the reality that everything he’d ever experienced had been a lie. It had been nothing more than a programmed fairy tale and it was now over. His mutant powers had failed to activate in the simulation; they’d hopefully have better luck outside it. They tried. For years, they tried. Had it been his choice, Aleksei would gladly have given them what they wanted if only to get them to leave him alone. Or so he could kill them. One or the other. But it wasn’t his choice and everything they tried failed.
That is, until they staged the rescue attempt by his sister. It worked brilliantly. Seeing ‘Nastya’, the fake sister from his fake life in the simulation, he exploded in rage. Literally. A blast of energy knocked most everyone over and when they could see again, they confronted an extremely angry Aleksei, made entirely of metal, who was trying to kill them. Once he regained consciousness, they began the difficult job of trying to convince him that he really was free and his sister really was his sister, despite now being older than he was. It took time but a trip to Limbo is a powerful argument.
He’s now a student in America and even though it’s been years, he’s still trying to figure out just who and what he is.
The New Improved Rasputin
Before cloning Piotr Rasputin, the Russian Program "White Devil" decided to make a few improvements by adding some of his brother Mikhail's DNA into the mix. But improvements are in the eye of the beholder.
Blood Is Thicker Than Vodka. More Trouble Too.
Ever since the Mad Monk, this branch of the Rasputins has been prone to trouble, whether of their own making or not. Whether it's being wanted by Russians or related to a demon queen, he's on lots of radars: even those who don't know yet that he exists.
Truth Or Consequences
Aleksei hates being lied to. Really hates it. Really, really. If he finds out he's been lied to, there will be consequences.
Power Suite One: Organic Steel Transformation
Aleksei can transform into metal; technically it's an extradimensional organic metal that takes the place of his flesh and blood.
- Super Strength - +2 Physique in all situations that require pure strength.
- Master Super Strength - +2 bonus to Physique in situations requiring pure strength.
- Super Toughness - Armor:2 against any purely physical damage.
- Implacable - You gain Armor:4 against physical damage.
- Theme: Super Form - Using your power requires you to spend an action to assume your super-form. When that form is not active, your powers are undetectable.
- Not Technically Human - While transformed, Aleksei doesn't need to eat, drink, breath, sleep or other normal functions of humans. His endurance is also increased as he doesn't tire. - No need to eat, drink, breath or sleep and immune to temperature extremes while transformed. Does not tire.
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- You Can’t Feel Much of Anything -You’re super tough and can’t really feel pain, but that’s because your entire sense of touch has been dialed down to 1. -
- Bulletproof - You can, at will, shrug off any amount of physical stress from a single source—bullets simply bounce off your chest, uselessly. However, the damage is reflected into your environment; bullets gotta go somewhere, after all.
Power Suite Two: Energy Manipulation
Aleksei absorbs energy on a constant basis and channels it to other uses such as flight or energy fields around his hands that do extra damage.
- Energy Absorption - May use Physique +2 to defend against energy based attacks and overcome energy based obstacles.
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Theme: Energy Manipulation - Manifestations of energy - glows, heat, distortions, hums and similar - attend the use of your powers.
- Extra Movement - You can move up to two zones for free
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- Hard to Maneuver in Flight -Humans aren’t actually built to fly; without wings or a tail to act as a rudder, you find that it is Hard to Maneuver in Flight. -
- Killswitch - This instantly shuts down anything electrically powered in your zone, but clears all your physical stress and erases a mild consequence.
After weeks of preparation, it's time to take the Chemist down.
Bastion drops by S.H.I.E.L.D. to talk shop with Kaylee about his company's investments and next decided course of action.
Rowan gets into the head of the Duplicate and it leaves her with a headache, but with some good information as well.
Plans are in place and the assault of the first MGH distribution centre begins
A Framework simulation helps a team plan the takedown of the first Distribution Centre
Planning begins for the assault on the first Distribution Centre.
Aleksei needs to Have Words with his sister over what happened in Limbo and interrogating the MGH dealers.
Following on the heels of Enhanced Interrogation, the prisoners are given into SHIELD custody.
WARNING: Disturbing Content (Torture) Aleksei and Anastasia interrogate the prisoners taken from the MGH production raid.
SHIELD and company raid a house that manufactures the drug that gives human powers. Before it kills them.
The son of Sebastian Shaw is driving through Chicago when his limousine goes up in a massive explosion, and paramilitary assassins descend from the sky to kill him with plasma weapons. Things go downhill from there.
With a target in sight for the MGH production, Aleksei plots on how to interrogate those they find.
It's not every day you see someone chasing themselves.
A random gathering of interconnected people seeking Starbucks end up discussing the new power-inducing street drug and existing investigations into it
AIM attempts to kidnap Subject 40-4, new faces and old acquaintances save him. Soup is involved.
Another drug-related incident strikes within the University campus itself, leaving Institute students concerned and others unsettled as to how much farther this problem has spread.
The Rasputins meet up for Sunday Dinner.
A group of individuals incite some trouble with a few unfortunate Institution representatives. Thankfully there's more than a few good Samaritans passing by to lend a hand.