"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."
Mutant Freedom Fighter
Created as part of the Russian project “White Devil”, Anastasia was raised in a Framework simulation until she was ten. A mutant resistance group managed to break her out, but while they were escaping back to America they were attacked, triggering Anastasia’s mutant ability to control the Stepping Disks of Limbo. While it saved her from the attackers, it would also trap her in Limbo for the next decade.
Found by a group of Limbo demons and believed to be the Darkchilde come again, she grew up in Limbo more demon than human, learning to control dark magics.
Eventually finding a way back to earth, Anastasia discovered her older brother from her time in the Framework was a real person, and not just part of the program. Working with others, she helped to rescue him from Project White Devil and brought him back to Chicago.
At age sixteen, Aleksei was now her younger brother and needed someone to be his guardian. Stepping into that role, Anastasia learned to integrate herself into a life on Earth. Mostly.
A clone of Illyana “Magik” Rasputina by Russia’s White Devil project, Anastasia has inherited a measure of her predecessor’s might, both mutant and magical.
I Wanna Watch You Bleed
After nearly a decade spent in the hellish Otherspace known as Limbo with no human contact, Anastasia has a skewed moral compass. Often abrupt, most people find her off putting at best and her ideas of entertainment can occasionally shock or even horrify civilized people.
You Win or You Die
With the disappearance of the Darkchilde, there are a number of factions vying for control of Limbo. Anastasia has managed to build enough of a base of power to be a contender in this Game of Thrones which gives her some measure of control of her corner of Limbo that the Darkchilde had over the entire realm. It also comes with a whole list of those eager to bring her down, including her followers.
Apprentice of Time and Space
Anastasia has a lot more years than her paperwork would lead you to believe. Time runs differently in Limbo and it’s naturally occurring Stepping Disks theoretically join the Otherspace realm to all of time and space. Maybe someday Anastasia will be able to move through both at will, but right now she’s lucky if she can just game the system.
Steel Made of Soul and Sin
Despite a decade in hell, Anastasia still remembers what it’s like to love and what is good and right, even if she’s drawn to what’s wrong. She chooses to fight on the side of the angels, even though she’s sure there’s no place in heaven for her.
Description: Anastasia's managed to scrounge up a number of Arcane texts over the years.
Mechanical Effect: You may use Lore for topics relating to magic and the occult.
Stunt Cost: 1
Power Suite One: Stepping Disks
Anastasia can control the Stepping Disks of Limbo, naturally occurring doorways between Limbo and other dimensions.
- Teleportation: Portals (Variant) - As an action, open a portal that allows you to move up to 3 zones. Must be able to enter it to use it, and know where your destination is.
- Forced Movement - You move your target up to two zones
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- Express Elevator to Hell - Anastasia's portals always start or end in Limbo, a dimension that has been likened to Hell by no small number of people. - One side of a portal must connect to Limbo
- Ultimate Key - Stepping Disks are two-dimensional holes in reality, which means they can open in things and teleport chunks of something out. Anastasia can remove a physical obstacles by just cutting portions of them out and sending them to Limbo. Of course, once it’s been removed, it doesn’t really go back again... - Remove an obstacle.
Power Suite Two: Bound to Limbo
The legends say that Limbo was once a paradise, but then the Elder Gods touched it and turned corrupted its heart. But any Sith will tell you there is Power in darkness. You just have to give it… everything. Anastasia was born with a connection to Limbo and she’s strengthened this tie, sacrificing pieces of her soul to be able to channel it and using spellcraft to shape that raw power as well as manifesting a version of the Sword and Armor her predecessor claimed as Limbo’s master.
- Creature Summoning - May call a creature/minion with 1 aspect and one Good (+3) skill. Creature has 2 physical and 2 mental stress boxes, 1 mild and one moderate consequence. During conflict you only have one action for you or your creature, but both may move.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Theme: Dark Conduit (Mutant Only) - Use of your powers is accompanied by pentagrams, Sulphur smells, flaring demonic sigils and other signs of the dark and unholy.
- Dark Rites - Create advantages to represent spell effects using Lore. Opposition is generally Fair (+2) but increases for large or complex effects.
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Mental Recovery - You recover from all mental stress
Improved Special Effects
- Shattered Mirror - Do clones have souls, ore are they merely echos of those they were created from? For all that Anastasia has sacrificed as much of her innocence to Limbo as Illyana did, she only has pieces of the magical might that the Darkchilde could lay claim to.
- Super Toughness - Anastasia’s Eldritch Armor will rip out sources of metal from the surrounding area to protect her from deadly attacks. Certain metals are particularly likely to be used and are often found in advanced electronics. - Armor: 2 against purely physical sources
Ian finds himself in an awkward position between one Anastasia Rasputina and overeager matchmakers.
Jericho's missed lunch - which has Kaylee visiting. Anastasia finally answers a request he's put out. What they find is ... interesting
Waking a Rasputin Clone is always a dicey situation and requires the assistance of three people. What could possibly go wrong? Just about ... everything.
Meeting after the fun in the Michigan Ark, Jericho makes plans
A cryptic message from Anastasia gets Kaylees attention
Anastasia returns after being long away in Limbo.
Anastasia decides to poke at Jericho's past. From inside his own head.
Jericho, Kaylee and group of Japanese Institute volunteers strike Project White Devil to free their digital captives.
In the middle of a firefight, Jericho goes into a digital prison to find Anastasia.
Stuck in Limbo, Jericho takes stock of the situation. Spoiler alert: It's not good.
A trap is sprung by a Thing That Should Not Be
Anastasia shows up at Jericho's apartment to discuss the mysterious book he gave her.
WARNING: Disturbing Content (Torture) Aleksei and Anastasia interrogate the prisoners taken from the MGH production raid.
SHIELD and company raid a house that manufactures the drug that gives human powers. Before it kills them.
With a target in sight for the MGH production, Aleksei plots on how to interrogate those they find.
Finally getting back to his apartment, Ian ends up with unexpected guests and one of them isn't human.
The Rasputins meet up for Sunday Dinner.
Jericho receives an anonymous package and gets help from two ... friends.
Anastasia drops in on Jericho. He is not doing his usual things when she does.
Anastasia Raspuntina finds her way 'home'. It is not what she expected.