"My people will have a future. We are stronger than the ordeal we have endured."
Bash’t is the last hope of her people.
It isn’t something that one would wish on their child either but it is the fate that she has. Her mother, for she is who gave birth to her, was the last great scientist of Wakanda in exile, Shuri, the half sister to the slain Black Panther. Shuri fled Wakanda in the late 90s as the White Ape tribe consolidated power and took over the reclusive nation. That began a game of cat and mouse with the White Ape tribe and global powers over the years. This forced the exiled princess deep underground.
When the genetic arks were discovered and Project Repopulation began she took a risk and worked her way into the nearest ark program. The mutant ark genetic material with her own royal genetic material was what she needed. Bash’t was born in 2032, two years after Shuri infiltrated the Project. The irony was the mutant genetics that gave rise to the Genosha and started the fall of Wakanda might be their salvation one day.
Mother and child returned to Africa and went into hiding once more. She felt it important that the child grow up in their homeland, even if underground and with the tattered resistance. That was a mistake. When Bash’t was 13 the White Ape tribe crushed the last of the resistance in most of Africa. Shuri didn’t survive those final days of the resistance but Bash’t did, due to Shuri’s sacrifice to buy the teenager time to get clear.
The next five years were rough to put it mildly. She lived as a street rat, or perhaps an alley cat, in the shattered urban center that had replaced the technologically advanced Wakanda Capital. She did survive though, thanks to her training and her mixed heritage her mother gifted her with.
When she turned sixteen she felt she was ready and made her move. One that she had spent several years planning as carefully as she could. She was to liberate the relics of her people from the White Ape Tribe’s seat of government. It was risky but she was successful. Barely. She managed to stealthily get in and get her hands on the relics. A panther habit, panther gauntlets, the royal ring, and a rare potion of heart-shaped herb potion. The devastation by the White Ape Tribe purposefully attempted to wipe out the plant in the wild with unknown success, but they did keep a sample they seized with the other relics.
She nearly died getting them out, and several of the soldiers guarding the government building did die. Still she made it out wounded and fled into the jungles that had not been fully devastated in the last fifty years. Delirious from her wounds she nearly died in a sweltering cave. The visions were intense, all of her mothers story of the Black Panther seemed to haunt her as she slowly recovered.
She nearly died again when she applied the heart-shaped herbal potion to her body as her mother told her she should if they recovered it. That process, without any to help care for her, was not wise but there was no other choice. The visions, not hallucinations as far as Bash’t is concerned, this time were more real than any fever dream. She emerged stronger for it, a sign to her she must be worthy of her family’s legacy and the mantle of the Black Panther.
What was clear when she emerged and tried to take on the White Ape tribe was that even with the mantle, the black panther habit, and her training, was that she is not ready. At this point she may be running low on lives even for a cat. At the very least her pride is severely damaged as she was forced to flee far from her homeland and lick her wounds. She needs help and more training. Maybe allies. Something if she ever hopes to take back her homeland and save her people.
That has brought her to the Free City of Chicago.
Exiled Half-Mutant Scion of Wakanda
Bash't is the genetically engineered half mutant daughter of Shuri, exiled from her homeland
Everyone wants Bash't for bad reasons. Aim for her tech. Hydra for her genetics. The White Apes for her crimes.
Weight of the World
Bash't believes she has a destiny to save her people which gives her purpose and deep resolve.
Our Enemies Will Pay
Bash't was relentlessly trained from birth to be an means of revenge on Wakanda's enemies. She did not have a remotely normal childhood but she was made an instrument of vengeance trained in the arts of violence.
Power Suite One: Daughter of the Panther
Mixed genetics and exposure to the heart shaped herb make Bash't a powerhouse in physical confrontations.
- Super Agility - +2 Athletics when leaping, balancing or performing feats of agility. Leaps up to 2 stories, or rooftop to rooftop over no opposition.
- Super Senses - Pick a sense. +2 Investigate rolls using that sense. That sense cannot be impeded.
- Super Speed - +2 Athletics to rolls that involve moving quickly. Run across liquids or up vertical surfaces.
- Super Strength - +2 Physique in all situations that require pure strength.
- Super Toughness - Armor:2 against any purely physical damage.
- Extra Movement - You can move up to two zones for free
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- Feral - Those mixed genetics didn't come without some... alterations to perceptions and biochemistry. - You can slide into a Feral Rage.
- Hair-Trigger Reaction - If you are targeted by a ranged attack from another zone, you can use your superhuman agility to not just leap out of the way, but also leap toward your attacker, landing in their zone. This causes the attack to miss you, but it will still hit something in your zone.
Power Suite Two: Panther Habit
It's stolen, and it's seen better days, but the vibranium arsenal of Wakanda's heroes is no less potent for all that.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Forced Movement - You move your target up to two zones
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- Iconic Suit - The panther habit is known to Bash'ts enemies. And people who might be her enemies. - Wearing the suit makes her a TARGET
- Eviscerate - You can instantly take out a nameless NPC, or cause a mild consequence to a named NPC or PC.
Michael apprehends a smuggler related to the Killmonger case
An investigation for Michael and Neke lead them to ... Bash't again.
Bash't pays Kaylee a visit and insists that the violet plants she has be destroyed
Michael and Neke intercept one of their leads and are interrupted by a Wakandan
With intel on where N'djaka went, the group decides on a target. Things go ... interestingly.
Jericho contacts Bash't, Samantha and Ian to assist in a stakeout of N'Jadaka's last known location. Instead, they're found by a man in catlike armor...
A mutant comes into their power in a coffee shop, Purifiers get angry ...
An abandoned maintenance bay leaves more questions than answers, but also potential clues as well as threats. Jericho, Kaylee, Bash't and Ian are left wondering who Aaron N'Jadaka really is.
Invading N'Jadakas penthouse is not as easy as it looks.
Following the lead on the import company, Jericho, Bash't and Kaylee infiltrate the Hellfire Club.
There's even more to learn about the drugs that the trio found and something about it grabs Bash'ts interest.
Jericho calls in help to "inspect" an illegal processing facility.
Just another night at The Cattle Car. ...except when people start reacting badly to seafood. Wait, this place doesn't serve seafood.