It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Brinley grew up in shelter located somewhere in the North Sprawl. All of her childhood memories are of this and how empathic power and werewolf form set her apart from the rest. It soon became obvious that she was ‘sensitive’ and would find herself easily affected by the emotions of others. So much so it would ‘burn her out’ and she would have to rebuild her mental shields – a process that took time.
She often found herself isolated when these situations occurred, particularly after one episode resulted in one of the others going on a rampage with knife. It wasn’t pretty.
One day, after one such breakdown, she woke up to find herself in an alley in the Sprawl. She’d not long ago turned 18 and was so broken she assumed that the shelter had decided that she was too much of a liability.
She lived on the streets, stealing food and barely surviving. For how long, she doesn’t know.
What Brinley doesn’t know is that all her memories are a fabrication of a Framework simulation. She’s a shapeshifter that due to an incident in the Framework, has left her as the wolf, unable to shift back and so empathically sensitive her mind breaks at the simplest of things. The shelter never existed.
Is there a secret behind her creation? Or is she just one of those mutants that no one has time for?
Empathic Shapeshifting Morlock
A clone of unknown origins who looks, primarily, like a werewolf, Brinley has fully formed memories of growing up in a children's shelter. These memories are a Framework construct and not at all true.
Too Sensitive For Her Own Good
As a strong empath, Brinley can read the mood of a room or mob, easily. This has its drawbacks as too much and she's easily overwhelmed.
Heart of a Beast
Whatever happened with her cloning, or in the Framework simulation, Brin is closer to a Beast than a Human. She's more in touch with her 'animal nature' than most.
All of Brins memories come from a lifetime inside a Framework Simulation. Everything she remembers is false. False, right up till she 'woke' in the streets of the Sprawl one day after experiencing yet another empathic breakdown. But was she dumped or was she left? And why?
Power Suite One: Empathic Construct Wielder
Able to read and affect emotions, Brin can also create psychic constructs
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Item Summoning - Create items using Will. Hand held items with no moving parts are Average (+1) opposition. More complex items increase opposition. No electronics, explosives or precision manufacturing. +2 opposition for every other item already summoned.
- Telepathy - Choose one: Read emotions with Empathy, surface thoughts with Notice or deep thoughts and memories with Investigate in your zone or adjacent zone. Targets aware of telepathic capabilities may oppose with Will.
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Psychic Feedback -Delving too deep into someone’s brain is risky; their thoughts may start to resonate with yours and generate Psychic Feedback. -
- Psychic Lockdown - They can’t take physical actions, but they can still invoke aspects and perform mental tasks. They can attempt to break out by overcoming with Will, opposed by your Will. On each of your turns, you must concentrate, using your action, to keep them frozen. The psychic brain-lock will definitely have lasting effects on their brains.
Power Suite Two: Werewolf Shapeshifter
Brin is able to shift between 'human' and werewolf.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Shape-Shifting - Create the advantage 'Creature Form' using Will. Most creatures are Fair (+2) opposition but especially large, small or complex forms may be more.
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- Nice Puppy - The ability to shapeshift can be pretty cool but your final form can shock people. - When shifted, you look like a Werewolf - fangs, claws and all.
- Berserk - If you fall into an incomprehensible rage, you become an especially deadly combatant, gaining Armor:2 and +1 to all attacks. Because you are in a berserk rage, though, you can’t stop yourself from causing collateral damage. This rage lasts until the end of the scene or you choose to end it.
A strange obelisk of sorts has appeared in the North Sprawl, bringing with it an unusual visitor.
Something starts a howl in the Sprawl. A howl that upsets Brin and Miah - what they discover has them terribly worried.
Brin starts to ask questions about Morlocks in the Sprawl and Kyles car is attacked.
A night time run for Miah and Brin brings a new interesting ... friend.
Kyle returns after being out all night and finds Brin on the roof top.
It should have been breakfast. Instead ... it was a prank or was it something more?
A chance meeting between two Empaths has the possibility of going very wrong.
A scavenger appears at a pop up market in the North Sprawl and instincts might be triggered.
An evening walk and Miah is confronted by a newcomer to the Sprawl.
With "Geico" settling in, Miah has a talk to him.
A Purifier protest and Morlock counter-protest could get messy unless Miah and Brin do something.
Jeremiah and Brinley visit a contact within the Purifiers.
Jeremiah makes good on his promise to take Brin to see a telepath - at the Institute. What they find ... are false memories
What happens when Gang members decide to cause trouble around a broken empath?
It's a normal day until someone whispers in your mind ... then ... it's not.
Jeremiah has news for Brin ... it's not good.
The unrest in the North Sprawl grows and Jeremiah is attacked.
After a day out shopping, Brin and Miah get to relax and discuss their next steps.
After their meeting with Rocky and Monica, Brin has questions for Jeremiah .
Purifiers meet Morlocks in Chicago's North Sprawl. Jericho decides to get involved and is caught in a empathic backlash.
Something triggers Brin's chase instinct ... which leaves Jeremiah in an interesting place.
Brins dreams surface again whilst she dozes
Jeremiah decides it's time to ask Brin about being able to Shift - given she doesn't. He's not too satisfied with the answer.
Some of The Morlocks want to organise and take action to stop the MGH drugs being distributed. Not all are convinced though.