It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Brinley grew up in shelter located somewhere in the North Sprawl. All of her childhood memories are of this and how empathic power and werewolf form set her apart from the rest. It soon became obvious that she was ‘sensitive’ and would find herself easily affected by the emotions of others. So much so it would ‘burn her out’ and she would have to rebuild her mental shields – a process that took time.
She often found herself isolated when these situations occurred, particularly after one episode resulted in one of the others going on a rampage with knife. It wasn’t pretty.
One day, after one such breakdown, she woke up to find herself in an alley in the Sprawl. She’d not long ago turned 18 and was so broken she assumed that the shelter had decided that she was too much of a liability.
She lived on the streets, stealing food and barely surviving. For how long, she doesn’t know.
What Brinley doesn’t know is that all her memories are a fabrication of a Framework simulation. She’s a shapeshifter that due to an incident in the Framework, has left her as the wolf, unable to shift back and so empathically sensitive her mind breaks at the simplest of things. The shelter never existed.
Is there a secret behind her creation? Or is she just one of those mutants that no one has time for?
Empathic Shapeshifting Morlock
A clone of unknown origins who looks, primarily, like a werewolf, Brinley has fully formed memories of growing up in a children's shelter. These memories are a Framework construct and not at all true.
Too Sensitive For Her Own Good
As a strong empath, Brinley can read the mood of a room or mob, easily. This has its drawbacks as too much and she's easily overwhelmed.
Heart of a Beast
Whatever happened with her cloning, or in the Framework simulation, Brin is closer to a Beast than a Human. She's more in touch with her 'animal nature' than most.
All of Brins memories come from a lifetime inside a Framework Simulation. Everything she remembers is false. False, right up till she 'woke' in the streets of the Sprawl one day after experiencing yet another empathic breakdown. But was she dumped or was she left? And why?
Power Suite One: Empathic Construct Wielder
Able to read and affect emotions, Brin can also create psychic constructs
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Item Summoning - Create items using Will. Hand held items with no moving parts are Average (+1) opposition. More complex items increase opposition. No electronics, explosives or precision manufacturing. +2 opposition for every other item already summoned.
- Telepathy - Choose one: Read emotions with Empathy, surface thoughts with Notice or deep thoughts and memories with Investigate in your zone or adjacent zone. Targets aware of telepathic capabilities may oppose with Will.
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Psychic Feedback -Delving too deep into someone’s brain is risky; their thoughts may start to resonate with yours and generate Psychic Feedback. -
- Psychic Lockdown - They can’t take physical actions, but they can still invoke aspects and perform mental tasks. They can attempt to break out by overcoming with Will, opposed by your Will. On each of your turns, you must concentrate, using your action, to keep them frozen. The psychic brain-lock will definitely have lasting effects on their brains.
Power Suite Two: Werewolf Shapeshifter
Brin is able to shift between 'human' and werewolf.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Shape-Shifting - Create the advantage 'Creature Form' using Will. Most creatures are Fair (+2) opposition but especially large, small or complex forms may be more.
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- Nice Puppy - The ability to shapeshift can be pretty cool but your final form can shock people. - When shifted, you look like a Werewolf - fangs, claws and all.
- Berserk - If you fall into an incomprehensible rage, you become an especially deadly combatant, gaining Armor:2 and +1 to all attacks. Because you are in a berserk rage, though, you can’t stop yourself from causing collateral damage. This rage lasts until the end of the scene or you choose to end it.
A break in gets Miah out to investigate.
Why does Miah have a board that looks like he's investigating a conspiracy?
A fire has Jeremiah and Brin responding.
Brin and Jeremiah go looking for Monica, they really don't like the answers they get from her.
A routine patrol in the Sprawl finds an injured Monica
There's a free clinic started up in the Sprawl. Jeremiah decides they should find out more.
A riot at the stockyard where Jeremiah and Brin work brings out ... their instinct
A strange obelisk of sorts has appeared in the North Sprawl, bringing with it an unusual visitor.
Something starts a howl in the Sprawl. A howl that upsets Brin and Miah - what they discover has them terribly worried.
Miahs nose is healing but it's not pleasant ...
A night time run for Miah and Brin brings a new interesting ... friend.
After their run, Brins memory is poked ... again.
It should have been breakfast. Instead ... it was a prank or was it something more?
Kyle keeps tracking the scent from Jeremiahs apartment ...
A scavenger appears at a pop up market in the North Sprawl and instincts might be triggered.
Monica drops in to talk to Miah and Brin. Unusual, but they take advantage of it. Or ... Brinley does.
With "Geico" settling in, Miah has a talk to him.
It's amazing what comes scurrying out of alleys in the North Sprawl. And perhaps a little humorous that Brin doesn't like Lizards.
Jeremiah and Brinley visit a contact within the Purifiers.
Someone reaches out to Miah and gives him a key to help Brin. Unfortunately, the key doesn't unlock what he thought it might.
What happens when Gang members decide to cause trouble around a broken empath?
Miah decides to test the word they learned...
Jeremiah has news for Brin ... it's not good.
Isabella intercepts some Purifiers who have decided protesting just isn't enough.
After a day out shopping, Brin and Miah get to relax and discuss their next steps.
Miah and Brin find Monica and Rocky and get some small concessions. But will it be enough?
Purifiers meet Morlocks in Chicago's North Sprawl. Jericho decides to get involved and is caught in a empathic backlash.
Brin returns home after the riot in the Sprawl
Brins dreams surface again whilst she dozes
Coaxing Mei out, a pair of wolves discuss the trouble being stirred up within the Morlocks
Some of The Morlocks want to organise and take action to stop the MGH drugs being distributed. Not all are convinced though.
Another case of a rampaging mutant, or is it? Complications arise as Agent Long and a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents attempt to stop him before he can hurt anyone.