In the search for the perfect weapon custom created beings are a bit more reliable than augmenting an already living human as abilities aimed for can be more or less chosen at the direction of the maker. Chooli’s DNA comes from a mix of mutants, though she would never know which ones because it was unimportant. Her file lists her ‘Parent’ DNA as Shiro Yoshida and James Proudstar, her creators attempting to find a harmonious mix of enhanced physical abilities and devastating ranged abilities. An attempt to create the perfect soldier.
Her childhood was simulated, something she has begun to figure out after first contact with reality outside of her training unit. Her ‘childhood’ had been one in which she lived in a small village in northern Mexico, her ‘family’ was ‘killed’ by a Drug Cartel and the ‘Children’ were then enslaved, only to be rescued by the ‘Sons of Quetzacoatl’, a mercenary company operating in Central America. Taken in by the mercenary company and raised as ‘family’ the idea was the customized children would be loyal to the company that saved them, and it worked… for the most part.
No plan survives perfectly intact after encountering the enemy, and some of the ‘Sons’ saw very little value in the ‘Children’ other than the money that went into their creation which was substantial, it didn’t help that leadership had changed from the time of order to the time of receipt and the ‘Sons’ had taken to extreme measures to survive. It was a dark few years before Chooli finally had enough and organized a rebellion. Not all of them made it, but those who did went north where they might have some protections and a chance at a regular life.
The change in lifestyle has been jarring, to say the least, and there are only so many skills Chooli has to live off of. While she learns this new world, which is so very different than what she knew down south in what remains of Central America, she uses her skills and abilities to provide Muscle for Hire, Bodyguard & Security Work, or just plain old mercenary work.
Perhaps one day she will be able to create a real life for herself, if she lives that long.
Custom Designed Soldier of Fortune
A chimera grown in a lab and artificially aged, she is the genetic combination of two mutants to try and create a perfect soldier both physically powerful and needing no weapons beyond her own abilities.
Stranger in a Strange Land
The 'reality' she 'grew up' in was not one that is similar to Chicago at all, her experiences after being delivered to her owner were violent and brutal. She is not really socialized to modern civilized life, and it shows... all the time.
Freedom at Any Cost
Created to be a soldier and slave to the 'Sons of Quetzacoatl' mercenary company, she has killed many times and has no qualms about doing whatever is necessary to remain free and in control of her own life.
No Quit In Her
Stubborn to a fault, once she has chosen a plan of action it is nearly impossible for her to be dissuaded. She doesn't know the meaning of the words 'give up'.
In an attempt to increase aggressiveness and physical power with loyalty and protective instincts, Chooli has been custom designed to be a hybrid being of both genders. She is therefor vulnerable to any ability or power that targets either gender specifically.
Power Suite One: Forged for War
Chooli's DNA was hand picked from a bank of samples to make her incredibly strong, tough, agile, and with increased senses and reaction time. So far so good.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Super Agility - +2 Athletics when leaping, balancing or performing feats of agility. Leaps up to 2 stories, or rooftop to rooftop over no opposition.
- Super Strength - +2 Physique in all situations that require pure strength.
- Super Toughness - Armor:2 against any purely physical damage.
- Implacable - You gain Armor:4 against physical damage.
- Forced Movement - You move your target up to two zones
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- From Another Time -You are older than you look—much, much older. You may have lived several lifetimes, or spent a few decades trapped in ice before you were revived. -
- POW! - You can take out a nameless NPC entirely, or deal a mild consequence to anyone else, at the expense of the structural integrity of the buildings around you.
Power Suite Two: Flames of War
The other half of Chooli's genetic cocktail is the ability to generate blasts of intense fire and an immunity to fire, there's a lot more there but she hasn't mastered it all yet.
- Energy Blast - Make Shoot attacks with a range of up to 3 zones.
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Theme: Fire Projection - Your powers create fireballs and billowing smoke when you use them.
- Friend to Flames - You are not harmed by fire of any kind.
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Hot-Tempered - Some personality traits just go well with the ability to summon flames.
- Charged Shot - If you take a few seconds to concentrate, you can generate a blast with enough force to blow open the door to a bank vault, destroy a reinforced wall, or otherwise eradicate an obstacle. Of course, a blast this big is slow and imprecise. It’ll tear up the entire room.
Another drug-related incident strikes within the University campus itself, leaving Institute students concerned and others unsettled as to how much farther this problem has spread.