The great minds at AIM decided to acquire a bit of DNA from a previous Weapon X’s program subject, one known as X-23, and mix that with the DNA from Mystique, AKA Raven Darkholme. The plan was to develop someone that they could utilize for clandestine adventures, all very “above board”.
That was the plan, and the Framework they designed for her was set up to develop the mindset of a spy, one that was fully aware of the modern trappings of the world. She thrived in the Framework, breaking into places, stealing things, killing those that got into her way. The killing was an unfortunate side-effect of things, but one that for the most part worked in the favor of whatever plan they were going to develop later on. If she could be controlled enough to kill only when there was no other option.
When it came time to pull her from the Framework things were rough, she didn’t react well to the idea that her childhood had been a lie. Nor did she take well to the structure of her current training, or being an experiment for further tests. It all came to a violent end the day they decided to reproduce the adamantium effect of her DNA donor’s own claws. They got it done, but she didn’t stay under as long as they expected, and when she woke up she fought her way out like a wounded animal. It wasn’t a clean escape, she left a trail, and now she lives in fear that they are going to swoop back in and pick her up.
……Or worse. This is just one more test. One more scenario and she’s just playing a part.
Genetic Chimera Super-Spy
When they decided to try and genetically engineer the perfect super-spy, they added a dash of this and that, and then an entire Framework built around the "perfect" life of a spy.
Big Brother is Watching
Did she escape without a scratch, no complications, or was she allowed out? These thoughts plague her, and due to her uncertainty on if she truly did escape without them realizing it she is constantly looking over her shoulder, fully convinced they are watching her every move and just letting her get away with what she's doing for some reason.
Nothing Personal, It's Just Business
She enjoys what she does, to the point that she'll do a job simply because it was presented to her. There's rarely anything personal about it, except her own interest in doing it. But that doesn't always stop people from taking it personally.
Power Suite One: Master of Disguise
Due to part of the DNA that was used to create her, she is capable of copying the form of anyone that she sees.
- Disguise - +2 Deceive when opposing efforts to see through disguise.
- Close Observation - You can mimic a target after spending a few minutes observing from a distance, or even via video.
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Mental Recovery - You recover from all mental stress
- Don’t Know Who You Are Anymore -Too much time spent being someone else. Too many faces, too many lives. You’ve reached the point where you Don’t Know Who You Are Anymore. -
- Killing Disguise - Anyone attempting to see through your disguise faces Legendary (+8) opposition. This is an invasive procedure, and you need to physically poke around in your target’s brain. You can use this effect to take out and then imitate a nameless NPC, but to imitate a named NPC or PC, you will need to kill them or otherwise access their fresh corpse.
Power Suite Two: Just Another Clone
The part of her DNA that she gets from X-23 has provided her natural weaponry and agility.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Super Agility - +2 Athletics when leaping, balancing or performing feats of agility. Leaps up to 2 stories, or rooftop to rooftop over no opposition.
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Extra Movement - You can move up to two zones for free
- Half-Feral -You don’t know which came first, the retractile claws or the animal sensibilities, but you can’t have one without the other. While you’re armed with a natural weapon, you are also Half-Feral. -
- Eviscerate - You can instantly take out a nameless NPC, or cause a mild consequence to a named NPC or PC.
Power Suite Three: Hard to Kill
Another bonus from the DNA that was used to create her is the fact that she is capable of regenerating from damage at an accelerated rate, and is tougher than she looks in general.
- Regeneration - Mild consequence clear at the end of a scene or when they start recovery. Other physical consequences downgrade one slot if available when they start recovery.
- Super Toughness - Armor:2 against any purely physical damage.
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- You Can’t Feel Much of Anything -You’re super tough and can’t really feel pain, but that’s because your entire sense of touch has been dialed down to 1. -
- Interception - Leaping into action and throwing targets out of the way, however, will incur its own damage. All this assumes you are able to move there, of course.