"I was created to unlock secrets of metal and bone. A delicate touch was kind of an afterthought."
Repo Man, Industrial Saboteur
22 (Thawed at 10)
Power Armored Necropath Infiltrator
Francisco was created to have rule over bone and mental, spirit and circuit. Thus he stands at the intersection of high technology and the world of the dead. Unfortunately the necessary training regimens to ground him in both has left him somewhat socially stilted. He is eager but somewhat frighteningly sincere, and he can be at a loss when he can't just psychically 'cheat' to know what people mean or what they want.
Still on the Books
The loss of the AIDOS and Francisco represent a tremendous loss of time and resources. To add insult to injury several genetic locks are still keyed to his biometrics. Though this could allow access to several key AIM research labs, resource caches, and warehouses, its also a known commodity by both AIM and a handful of its competitors.
Shadow Across the Warp
Sometimes it's not just a question of being seen or not. Sometimes its that they don’t /want/ to see you. That little extra something that makes security systems avoid you and patrols change their route. It's sort of like being the glowy bulb at the end of an angler fish where certain dark and terrible things are concerned. And if you run into something that can resist you they tend to find your very existence a bit upsetting.
Ghosts in the Machine
The AIDOS is both powered and governed by the spirits of no less than seven Hand elders. Each governs a key system, and each has their own wisdom (and opinions) to share. While this spectral assistance and wellspring of knowledge is undeniably potent, they are fractious in alignment and temperament, and even the most benevolent seeming of these wraiths seeks dominion or at the very least the commanding voice.
I Have a Cunning Plan
There are few better planners than Francisco. Unfortunately, things do not always go according to plan, and improvisation is still an area in drastic need of improvement.
Power Suite One: AIDOS Mark IV
The AIDOS power armor in its current iteration is a DNA keyed nanoassembler. Its default main weapon is a particle accelerator cannon and is equipped with jumpjets.
- Energy Blast - Make Shoot attacks with a range of up to 3 zones.
- Super Agility - +2 Athletics when leaping, balancing or performing feats of agility. Leaps up to 2 stories, or rooftop to rooftop over no opposition.
- Super Toughness - Armor:2 against any purely physical damage.
- Theme: Technology - Your powers have a technological source. Powers that affect other powers, such as Power Nullification, do not affect you.
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- Testbed - The original AIDOS was the product of a hated collaboration and thus many systems had to be scratch built or otherwise integrated into a far more arcane design scheme. Systems may turn on, off, and entirely new features may manifest briefly only to disappear into the source code.
- Bring the Noise - Lacking the stealth technology of the Onyx Forge and very much of the opinion that if someone can’t see you may as well be invisible, the Mark IV has been installed with several powerful “flashbang pulse” generators. The armors visibility is reduced, but its more a function of everyone being blind. - Anyone within 3 zones must overcome a Good (+3) obstacle with Athletics or take a 'Blinded' Aspect.
Power Suite Two: Necropathy
Francisco is a telepath whose native talent is dealing with the dead rather than the living. He is capable of communicating with spirits and can turn himself intangible, though he believes the latter to be a suit system rather than an innate ability.
- Phasing - Use Burglary to walk through physical barriers. Standard interior walls are Fair (+2) opposition. Thicker or sturdier barriers provide more opposition.
- Telepathy - Choose one: Read emotions with Empathy, surface thoughts with Notice or deep thoughts and memories with Investigate in your zone or adjacent zone. Targets aware of telepathic capabilities may oppose with Will.
- Master Telepathy - +2 to your telepathic skills when mind reading.
- Theme: Corruption - Your presence is unnerving, whether because you are physically mutated and disfigured or because you feel wrong on some deep level to the people around you.
- Forced Movement - You move your target up to two zones
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Looks/Feels Terrifying - Powers designed to control and communicate with the dead are seldom designed with the comforts or sensibilities of the living. People will remember SOMETHING happened to them, and more delicate or helpful uses of such powers often right out.
- Psychic Lockdown - They can’t take physical actions, but they can still invoke aspects and perform mental tasks. They can attempt to break out by overcoming with Will, opposed by your Will. On each of your turns, you must concentrate, using your action, to keep them frozen. The psychic brain-lock will definitely have lasting effects on their brains.
The net is closing around N'Jdaka and plans are being made...
A quiet evening at a cafe is rudely shattered when someone tries to snipe Jericho Trent, and unfortunately it's not a clear shot.
Francisco contacts Agent Carter and Ian for a late night meeting with information of potential interest.
A mostly quiet, normal evening at a pub with Jericho, Kaylee, Francisco and Ian. One part entertainment, one part business, and a quarter of the unusual.
A random gathering of interconnected people seeking Starbucks end up discussing the new power-inducing street drug and existing investigations into it
Finally getting back to his apartment, Ian ends up with unexpected guests and one of them isn't human.
Samantha receives her gift, and the boys get a heart-warming Christmas.
The Soup Boys + 1 are intercepted on the way back to the office by a representative of Stark Fujikawa to talk business.
Francisco pays a visit to Ian's neck of the woods to check up on him, and to see if he's still on board with being a part of their business.
Francisco, Ian, and 40-4 deal with a terrorizing group of purifiers. Ian and Francisco remember 40-4 is a pranking dick.
Jericho's been doing a bit more digging into the recent drug-related incidents and tries to get interested parties to cooperate in order to further get to the bottom of things.
Samantha meets the"corporate raiders" she's heard so much about in the hopes of getting information.
Ian, Francisco, and 40-4 discuss their plan of action to keep things and people from putting more holes in the safe-house. Oh, and to deal with the rampaging mutant problem.
If it's not one thing, it's another. AIM isn't prowling, but something else is. Alchemax wants their toy back, and Francisco decides to lend a hand while SHIELD sticks their nose into things as usual. Throw in a random merc and a librarian with the worst luck and you have a party.
With this latest incident in Hegewisch, Francisco and 4 'properly' acquaint themselves with SHIELD reps. Kenlaris gets caught in the crossfire and Ian just wants to crawl under a rock.
So much for easing into things. Francisco's training session with Ian gets rudely interrupted. Perhaps fortunately for them AIM gets a bit thrown off.
Francisco and 40-4 defend their neighborhood and make amends with Ian for the accident they had the other night.