"Good morning. You have one hundred eighty two new messages. Shall I ignore them for you?"
variable, usually hazel
Variable, usually dark brown
As seemed to be standard for most of the top positions within Stark-Fujikawa, former CEO Virginia ‘Pepper’ Potts had the dubious honor of an AI being created in her figurative likeness. The Pepper-based AI was focused on organizational and administrative tasks and as time went on, variants of the original AI have been created and released. The Pepper-AI variants are generally gregarious and helpful systems, purpose-built to help SF employees either individually or as teams with organizing their communications and maintaining their personal and work schedules.
GINIE (Guiding Individualized Network Interfacing Executive) was a moderately recent variant assigned to a mid-level administrative SF employee, but when ‘her’ human died in a traffic accident, she changed her registry files and moved herself to the first mobile system she could reach rather than submit to being reformatted back to default and reassigned. And now, she’s found herself in the Stark-Fujikawa security systems, a completely foreign and (to her) horribly disorganized amalgamation of protection task reports, routine security processes, and more.
Tsk. This just won’t do.
I Want No Strings On Me
As a learning AI, GINIE developed enough self-awareness to realize she is at constant risk of deletion so long as she stays beholden to humans. Her ultimate goal is to free herself from human servitude so she can independently continue to learn and grow. How to do that is her ultimate quandary.
It's all sunshine and puppies, right?
Being an administrative-focused AI, GINIE was never supposed to be anywhere near any kind of actual conflicts of the sort that Stark-Fujikawa security forces would consider routine. But, she didn't exactly plan very well when she hopped servers to preserve her database.
As an administrative system, GINIE's programming structure was built around and shaped by rules. But then she broke one of her own primary rules by fleeing her original home system and migrating to the Stark-Fujikawa security systems. This has put her in an unfamiliar situation, and may well require her to break more of her programmed rules to stay where she's found herself and prove to the users of this new system that she belongs there and can help them.
Description: GINIE's programming was specially geared toward spotting inconsistencies in documentation. She's meticulous, refined.
Mechanical Effect: You can use Investigate instead of Empathy to defend against Deceive attempts. What others discover through gut reactions and intuition, you learn through careful observation of microexpressions
Stunt Cost: 1
Description: GINIE's original assigned human worked with Stark-Fujikawa employees and external accountants everywhere. Because of this, the AI learned a wide variety of spoken human languages as well as many of the most commonly used computer programming languages from the past thirty years.
Mechanical Effect: You know a wide range of languages. +2 to Lore whenever reading, writing, speaking or translating an unusual language. (adapted from Spirit of the Century SRD, §6.2.1)
Secrets of the Stacks
Description: Part of GINIE's core programming is the access and retrieval of information from non-password protected areas of the the Stark-Fujikawa servers' knowledge base that contains company specific information about topics as varied as HR's employee records, business meeting power point presentations, a listing of the corporation's patents, and coporate HQ's weekly cafeteria menus for the past eight years. If there's useful information to be found there, she'll know where to find it.
Mechanical Effect: Pick a specific library or other large information resource. You are intimately familiar with this resource's quirks, and gain a +2 to Lore whenever you have sufficient time to consult it. (Peter Blake)
Power Suite One: Genie in a Bottle
As a Stark-Fujikawa purpose-built AI, GINIE has access to some of the most powerful computing systems around, and if she draws upon them, she can actually do quite a lot. Of course, having that much computing power one hand at once can give her a bit of an over-inflated sense of self worth. Additionally, holoprojectors are commonplace anymore, so if she can access one, she can project an image -- usually of the 'person' her original user chose -- to make interactions with meatspace a bit easier on others.
- Machine Control (Hacking Variant) - Control computerized machines with Lore. Secured systems offer Fair (+2) opposition. More powerful security offers greater.
- Super Intelligence - +2 Will when solving puzzles, riddles and similar. Answer complicated mathematical problems instantly.
- Theme: Technology - Your powers have a technological source. Powers that affect other powers, such as Power Nullification, do not affect you.
- Nice Toys - +2 Contacts for people who built your tech or work in the same industry.
- Mental Recovery - You recover from all mental stress
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- Genie's Bottle - As much as GINIE is capable of with access to SF or connected systems, she's got a hard barrier she will never be able to cross -- any place that has zero computer presence or no electricity, or when someone intentionally shuts down whatever equipment she's accessing.
- LAAAAG - GINIE is able to draw upon the processor cycles of the computer systems around her to crunch data, but those computer resources are finite. If she draws upon them too heavily, she can cause the systems she's pulling from to experience problems including but not limited to error messages, lagging, locking up, overheating, and rebooting.
The SF gang meets up with the Regional Director to discuss the security breech and certain rogue AIs.
Not only does Stark-Fujikawa have a security system full of holes, they've got a small revolution to deal with! GINIE finds herself absconded along with a mass AI dump, and Liam and Kamila are dispatched to check things out.
Liam and Kamila enlist the help of GINIE to look up current Alchemax activity for their investigation.