"Why do I always feel like there is a part of me just dying to get out?"
Born in Chicago, Hope Sharp is a young woman who spent much of her childhood just watching others excel. She was completely and totally average. There was never anything that seemed to make her stand out. Sure she had hopes and dreams. She wanted to move to Hollywood and be an actress. Or maybe to New York and get on Broadway. She loved the idea of acting. She would often dress up and got into school plays and stuff. She wasn’t one of the popular girls in school. It was actually more like she was invisible altogether. She wasn’t bullied or anything. She had a few friends but she never really stood out. It wasn’t until her mid-teenage years that she actually started to act out trying to get something different to happen. Nothing seemed to change. It was her own personal curse. The Dream life of some and the nightmare of others. She lived the ‘perfect’ little life. A Mom, A Dad, 2.5 kids minus the .5. She had a little brother who she would annoy and who would annoy her but, all the while, she was waiting for something to happen.
Eventually, Something did. That something came in the form of her getting jumped. As she took a beating, her brother tried to step in and rescue her. The assailants turned their attention to him and when they started in on him, Something strange happened. It was like something inside Hope awakened. A ribbon of energy launched out of her hand, snapping one of the attackers leaving a nasty burn on them. The assailants fled and Hope passed out. She was taken to the hospital with her brother who had seen what had happened with her. He promised to keep quiet about it. One thing was certain, Her curse of normalcy was now broken.
More then Average
Hope has spent much of her life living what can only be defined as the average. Only recently has the chance to escape that concept and be More then average appeared and she is hoping to embrace it.
Who Am I?
No, she doesn't have amnesia. This is actually much deeper then a temporary bit of memory loss. Hope is trying to find herself. Throughout her life she's had normal and has always felt like there was so much more inside that was dying to come out. Now that is out and she has no idea what to do with it. Should she be a hero? Should she look out for herself? Could this be a claim to fame? If she goes public with what she is, could it endanger her life?
Hope is a mutant. Her powers activated when she seen her younger brother being beaten up. This means that she has some innate abilities that can be both beneficial or very much dangerous. It also means that there are people out there who would really don't like her and wouldn't mind getting rid of her and anyone else who happens to be a mutant.
Description: A desire to be an actress has lead Hope to study and learn a good bit about the field.
Mechanical Effect: Choose a field of specialization, such as herbology, criminology, or zoology. You get a +2 to all Lore rolls relating to that field of specialization.
Stunt Cost: 1
Power Suite One: Energy Ribbons
This is Hope's key ability. She is able to generate energy ribbons from her body. These can cause damage and also benefit her own standard abilities, namely her strength, speed and agility.
Offensively, She usually generates these ribbons from her hands. She can use them to wrap around up enemies temporarily or she can use them like whips . If she wraps an enemy the energy can be released into them to potentially stun them.
These ribbons can be uses to essentially buff herself. wrapping them around her arms, she can use the energy to stimulate her muscles and allow her to lift things around a ton in weight. If she wraps them around her legs, It can increase her movement speed as well as her agility. Using the energy from them, she can stimulate her body to move more quickly. Speed about as fast as a car on the highway, Agility, she would be able to dodge incoming strikes fairly well. No gun shots or anything.
- Energy Blast - Make Shoot attacks with a range of up to 3 zones.
- Long-Range Blaster - You can fire up to 6 zones away.
- Super Agility - +2 Athletics when leaping, balancing or performing feats of agility. Leaps up to 2 stories, or rooftop to rooftop over no opposition.
- Super Speed - +2 Athletics to rolls that involve moving quickly. Run across liquids or up vertical surfaces.
- Super Strength - +2 Physique in all situations that require pure strength.
- Forced Movement - You move your target up to two zones
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
Improved Special Effects
- Accident-Prone While Indoors -Your leaps are amazing, but not incredibly accurate. Outside that’s not a problem, but you are Accident-Prone While Indoors. -
- Charged Shot - If you take a few seconds to concentrate, you can generate a blast with enough force to blow open the door to a bank vault, destroy a reinforced wall, or otherwise eradicate an obstacle. Of course, a blast this big is slow and imprecise. It’ll tear up the entire room.
A portal opens and deposits a weather controller ... with devestating effects
Hopes introduction to the Institute is ... interesting. And a bit chilly.