The night is darkest just before the dawn.
Born under the shadows of the remains of the statue ‘Christo Redentor’ in Rio de Janiero, Isabella was an original birth to two mutants that had remained studies themselves of the South American Governments. The birth of their daughter plunged the pair into desperation and hiding within the depths of the Brazilian jungles, aided by the help of resistance groups and religious sects that had been located in the regions.
As she grew, Isabella was brought up in the traditions of ‘New Faith’ that had been evolving in the region following the phage. Several of those that her family encountered during their period of hiding came to believe the child was some kind of Messiah like figure; compounded when at age 11 she performed her first ‘miracle’ by bringing a young man to health that had been ill for several months. The manifestation of her mutant powers during this time, a connection to dimensional energies led to a series of difficult times.
A lack of guidance and dreams saw Isabella facing a fractured decision in her teens in an internal struggle, one which she surrendered to the Light Dimensional pull rather than the Dark which had also staked a claim. The old books which she had been read as a child included Arthurian tales and the manifestation of the Light within her took the form of an image of the sword Caliburn. But the hunt was on and the forces of companies and governments were converging. Desperate, Isabella’s parents arranged to have her smuggled further north to where she might have a chance to evade those coming to capture her and adding her to the genomes.
The past year Isabella has been making her way through safe houses and churches towards the north, attempting to reach a rumored safe haven before she is captured and locked away. Unfortunately, her spirit is one which cannot turn a blind eye to those in need and the rumors of the Saint making her way to the north in migrant populations grows.
Freeborn Avatar of Light
Born free of the arks or the laboratories, Isabella has a connection to the Light Dimension from which she draws power; but with said power comes great burdens.
As a freeborn, Isabella's DNA is unrecorded and of interest because of that fact to several groups.
Heroic by Nature
There's always a reason to help someone in trouble, even if you don't know what that reason is right away.
Power Suite One: Beacon of Hope
Isabella draws her power through a connection to the Light Dimension. When connected to the Dimension the image of the ancient sword Caliburn appears upon her.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Master Natural Weapon - +2 Fight using natural weapon.
- Telepathy - Choose one: Read emotions with Empathy, surface thoughts with Notice or deep thoughts and memories with Investigate in your zone or adjacent zone. Targets aware of telepathic capabilities may oppose with Will.
- Master Empath - You do not hear the voices of others but you feel their emotions quite clearly. - Lose the ability to hear thoughts or read minds. Increase Empathy checks by +2.
- Theme: Light Conduit (Mutant Only) - Manifestations of your power may be formed out of pure white light or otherwise glow, glimmer and sparkle.
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- Hope's Strength - The Light draws upon hope and will, when those are absent the wielder of the power is weaker.
- Flashburn - You channel the Living Light at its brightest, harshest and most powerful. - Everyone in your zone must overcome a Great (+4) obstacle with Notice or Athletics or suffer 2 stress and have the aspect Blinded inflicted upon them.
Power Suite Two: Light's Touch
Empowered by the Light Dimension, Isabella has the ability to bless those around her by healing their bodies and spirits or shielding them from harm.
- Healing - May start physical consequence recovery using Will. May roll Will against Fair (+2) opposition to clear another character's stress track. Characters may only have stress cleared once per scene.
- Master Healing - +2 Will to put others' consequences into recovery.
- Shielding - Create a barrier between zones. Attacks through it are defended with your Will. Successful attacks do mental stress to you or shatter the barrier and do half mental stress. Each barrier after the first gives you a Will penalty of -1.
- Mental Recovery - You recover from all mental stress
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- Can’t Heal Someone You Don’t Like -Your healing is tied to your emotional state and your ability to feel compassion for your target. No matter how pressed. -
- Shield Bubble - By creating a small shield around yourself and expanding it out at high speed, you can knock every target—enemies and allies—in your zone into an adjacent zone of your choice. Each pushed character takes one physical stress. Using this effect also pushes around anything else that happens to be in your zone.
Isabella intercepts some Purifiers who have decided protesting just isn't enough.
Kaylee, Bastion and others find themselves with unexpected company crashing their impromptu meeting. The company in question proves they're not to be pushed around.