I don't know what I'm looking for, but I will stop at nothing to find it.
Born in 2030, Kani lived a decent childhood. Not fantastic, by any means, but not bad either. What Kani liked to do most was explore the world around him, which occasionally led to trouble when he strayed from where he was supposed to be, but nothing major ever came of it.
Childhood education went as normal for Kani, with one main difference: Kani was taught by his parents to think critically at a young age, reading books for knowledge, and asking why the author wrote it the way he did. It didn’t take long for him to generalize this to people.
At the age of 15, when climbing a tree, Kani fell. Well, would have, if his mutant powers hadn’t kicked in. He discovered his powers then, but kept them secret while thinking about whether to reveal them, and how to use them.
He didn’t have to wait long. In a complete coincidence, just one week later, while Kani was at school, both parents died in a car crash. When Kani heard the news, he realized he did not have a purpose in life without his parents, and decided he had nothing to lose. He flew away, and decided to find a purpose, learning about both the world and his capabilities as he went. Six years later, Kani still hasn’t found a purpose yet, so he continues his search.
Kani is a flying, power packed, energy-blasting mutant who has trouble relating to others but still enjoys finding trouble.
With purpose still not found, Kani is willing to take many actions and risks to find a goal. After all, without it, he doesn't have much to lose.
Pursuit of Knowledge
Kani thinks critically, and wants to know more. He's willing to take actions and conduct experiments to learn and explore the world around him. It's a major source of motivation for him.
Power Suite One: Air Control
Kani has the ability to control the movement or lack thereof of air, being able to unleash destructive wind blasts, or the more convenient ability to just fly around.
- Energy Blast - Make Shoot attacks with a range of up to 3 zones.
- Master Energy Blast (*5) - Kani's wind blasts are extremely powerful. - An additional +10 Shoot when using Energy Blast
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Forced Movement - You move your target up to two zones
- Area Attack - Attack everyone in a zone
- Lots of Collateral Damage -Your blasts come with huge bursts of concussive force, which generate Lots of Collateral Damage. -
- Charged Shot - If you take a few seconds to concentrate, you can generate a blast with enough force to blow open the door to a bank vault, destroy a reinforced wall, or otherwise eradicate an obstacle. Of course, a blast this big is slow and imprecise. It’ll tear up the entire room.
Another popup amusement parlour and another strange occurence. What's going on?
Kani and Ruby take over a warehouse. What they lack in coordination, they make up in unnecessary brutality. If that's a thing.
Ruby plans to spend the weekend taking over a warehouse, then robbing a church. Kani is in for it.
Kani heads over to the North Sprawl to meet Ruby's 'boss'. Noticing something amiss is not the same as handling that information tactfully.
A pair of would-be robbers chooses the wrong targets. Ruby gives Kani a set of new clothes.
They’re just games in that amusement parlour that’s just popped up in the North Sprawl? Some might feel the ‘siren call’ to come and check it out. Others might just be interested by the rumours they’ve been hearing. Really, though, it’s just harmless fun, isn’t it? What could possibly go wrong?
Some of The Morlocks want to organise and take action to stop the MGH drugs being distributed. Not all are convinced though.
Kaylee, Bastion and others find themselves with unexpected company crashing their impromptu meeting. The company in question proves they're not to be pushed around.