"Within you...within all of us, is the light of a --Thousand-- suns. Those who fear the darkness have never experienced the power of the Light!"
Black with Silver Highlights
Born from the Genetic DNA template of Wanda Maximoff – the Scarlett Witch – and Robert Reynolds – the Sentry -, Kyle Maximoff was born from a test tube inside of a Weapon X institution for the sole purpose of creating the ultimate weapon. Codenamed Equilibrium, they attempted a new concept for this experiment: What would a being be like that didn’t know they were a weapon and instead programmed -thinking- they had free will? Thus was Project Equilibrium created. From the spare tissues of Wanda Maximoff and Robert Reynolds, what they didn’t realize is that this new being drew power from polar opposite sources: The dimension of Light and the Dimension of Chaos and Darkness…which was a time bomb awaiting to explode, they thought.
However, the body of Project Equilibrium only proved to be able to successfully stabilize and manage both fields of magnificent power, and Weapon X believed they had created their weapon, that they could commit whatever acts of violence or agenda they wished with nobody to stop them. They were wrong. Equilibrium was placed in a Framework of the modern world, though he was raised in such a world that having powers or gifts weren’t frowned upon or hunted by higher and hidden powers. In this world, he grew up as Kyle Maximoff, the son of a married Robert Reynolds and Wanda Maximoff. Though he never experienced just how -powerful- he truly was, he had an idea…and that terrified him. Seeing a vital flaw in their creation, Weapon X attempted to extinquish this creation, and attempt to start anew….with only one problem.
He woke up.
A scared and terrified child, his powers of Chaos completely messed with probability. Any guns pointed at him were jammed, people fell over trying to get to him….and then the Darkness was unleashed, shadows blaring forward in a destructive might as the facility found itself erased…with only the child remaining.
Wandering then for a time until a former Weapon X agent (who grew sick and tired of Weapon X, eventually opposing what exactly they were doing) took him in and raised him as her own. Kyle continued living as Kyle Maximoff under this savior, and with her help, he learned how to get more of a handle on his powers, and how not to explode or react violently to his surroundings if they threatened to pose a danger to him. Thus did he life a….mostly normal life. Or tried to.
Regardless, he is presently a wanderer…and is attempting to avoid trouble where he can…but a flaw of his creation was his compassion for others, thus can he not stand idly by when an injustice occurs around him or near him.
Arisen Avatar of Balance
Born out of a laboratory with an innate connection to the dimensions of light , as well as chaos and darkness, Kyle possesses a strong power...but with such power comes a heavy burden of responsibility.
Due to the fact that he is an escaped experiment, as well as for his DNA, he is seeked out by multiple secret organizations, including the organization that lost him in the first place: Weapon X
Despite the original intent for Kyle to be a weapon, he possesses a true heart of gold for others no matter their circumstance. Thus does he possess more of a heroic quality to his life that he simply can't ignore.
Mechanical Effect: Once per session, at the cost of a fate point, you can reduce the severity of a moderate consequence that’s physical in nature to a mild consequence (if your mild consequence slot is free), or erase a mild consequence altogether
Stunt Cost: 1
Power Suite One: Light Manipulation
Kyle draws power from the dimension of light, and serves as a natural battery for it to perform a multitude of effects for both offense and defense (but mostly for defense). When in use, he tends to shine. How much he shines depends on the the intensity of the power used.
- Energy Blast - Make Shoot attacks with a range of up to 3 zones.
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Regeneration - Mild consequence clear at the end of a scene or when they start recovery. Other physical consequences downgrade one slot if available when they start recovery.
- Immortal - You cannot die as a result of being taken out in combat.
- Theme: Light Conduit (Mutant Only) - Manifestations of your power may be formed out of pure white light or otherwise glow, glimmer and sparkle.
- Don’t Know Your Own Strength -Super strength isn’t quite the gift everyone makes it out to be; just ask the trail of broken doors, shattered plates, and other chaos you leave in your wake. It’s not fun when you Don’t Know Your Own Strength. -
- Super-Power Strike - A nameless NPC with powers gets taken out instantly, while super-powered named NPC or PCs must either take a mild consequence or lose access to their powers entirely until the end of the scene. This energy blast resonates throughout the area, causing everyone there—whether they have powers or not—to become dazed and disoriented.
Power Suite Two: Chaos Manipulation
Kyle can draw power form the dimension of Chaos. While he doesn't like these powers, this form of abilities often comes out when he is angry or afraid.
- Super Strength - +2 Physique in all situations that require pure strength.
- Theme: Chaos Conduit (Mutant Only) - Your powers are accompanied by manifestations of chaos such as lights, minor fortean phenomena and similar.
- Fortean Storm - May create chaos in your zone that attacks anyone attempting to enter or leave at Fair (+2) skill. Effect persists until cancelled or end of scene.
- Luck Curse - Curse a target with a Shoot attack. On success, target suffers -2 to a skill of your choice. Curse can be removed with a Will roll with opposition equal to your margin of success. One curse per target.
- Realm Warp - Create advantages on the scene using Will to represent reality manipulations. Aspects like 'No Gravity' in a small area have Fair (+2) opposition. Larger or more complex effects have higher opposition.
- Reality Kind of Hates You - You are a living, breathing contradiction to the fundamental laws that make our universe work the way it works. Consequently, Reality Kind of Hates You.
- No More - With a murmur of ‘No More’, you manipulate the laws of probability in your zone to make a single type of action impossible. Name a skill, no one may roll that skill in your zone. The action is simply not possible. Manipulating chance like this does tend to mess up probability in other ways as well, inevitably resulting in property damage or worse.
Power Suite Three: Shadow Manipulation
Kyle can draw power from the Dimension of Darkness and assume control of the shadows.
- Theme: Shadow Projection - Whenever you use your power, you create swathes of living darkness or other shadowy manifestations.
- Terrifying Presence - When Kyle uses his powers over the darkness, he is surrounded by what appears to be moving shadows and black mist, with his eyes turning a glowing blood red. Such features, more often than not, cause others to fear him or find him unsightly.
- Shadow-Gravity Manipulation - When in the shadows, or even under the cover of night, Kyle can bend gravity around himself in a manner that he could walk up walls or simply make himself floot. Up is down and down is up.
Kyle runs across Anastasia and decides to strike up some conversation.
Kyle comes across Kaylee mopping up another drug related incident.