Put your heart, mind and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. I read that in a motivational book once. But you know what? It's true. It's the little things in life that make the difference.
Born in Aukland New Zealand in 2026, Miranda was born and raised within one of the last bastion’s of a democratic society. Knowing that she was born to mutants and that only mutants were reproducing, it struck her that the human race was coming to an end because of a virus. A virus that she highly suspected was created by mutants. So it was that with no small amount of empathy and survivor’s guilt that she pledged to become a doctor and end as much suffering in the world as she could. She’s been thus far lucky in that her own mutations were not overtly obvious and that she’s been able to use it to save lives rather than take them.. though no few individuals have suggested that she has the ability.
Having completed her residency and additional studies in psychology and biomechanical engineering, she’s been hired by SHIELD with the understanding that she’s a doctor not a soldier. Given the nature of SHIELD, who knows how long that will last.
Some telekinetics can lift tanks and move mountains, Zephyr is not that person. She's focused her training towards utter control of her power.
Do No Harm
As a doctor, the Hippocratic Oath is something important to her. Never mind that she's seen all manner of suffering brought about from conflicts. Call her an idealist that way but it sometimes creates conflicts with her job.
The Truth is Out There
While she wouldn't call herself a conspiracy theorist, she knows that the 'company line' isn't always the whole truth. With so much propaganda floating about, it can be hard to sort out what is real and what isn't. She works hard to find the truth... but then sometimes people don't want the truth to be found.
Power Suite One: Tactile Telekinesis
Miranda is a powerful telekinetic but, while some have focused their training in creating havoc, she has focused upon nuance. She can feel what she affects with her power through a psychokinetic feedback and has even performed delicate brain surgery.
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Supersonic Flight - Your movement action in conflicts moves you up to 2 zones.
- Telekinesis - Mentally move small objects in your or adjacent zones. Attack with Will against targets in your zone by hurling things.
- TK Shield - Defend against physical attacks with Will.
- Telekinetic Might - Lift objects with Will. A human sized object is Fair (+2) opposition. A car is Great (+4) opposition. Larger objects are greater.
- Long-Distance Telekinesis - Move objects and make attacks up to three zones away using telekinesis.
- Precise Telekinesis - You are skilled at fine motor uses of telekinesis such as dialing the code into a combination lock , catching a fly alive or even the delicate work of a scalpel. - +2 to Will on overcome rolls involving fine motor control.
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Mental Recovery - You recover from all mental stress
- Weak and Frail Body -A lifetime of pulling things toward you with your mind, rather than your arms, either led to or was a result of your own Weak and Frail Body. -
- Precision Strike - Rather than crushing your foes with a car, your control is precise enough to strike nerve clusters or choke a target into unconsciousness. - You can instantly take out a nameless NPC, or cause a mild consequence to a named NPC or PC.
End of the week sees many gathering at the Daily Grind for a well earned cuppa.
With a new transfer from Sydney, Kaylee, Jericho and Samantha bring her up to speed on the nanite developments and discuss possible directions to take with things.