Don't worry; it's nothing I haven't seen before.
Freelance Cybersecurity Consultant
According to the partial files recovered from the scene of her ‘birth,’ Pandora was the fourth attempt at a viable chimera from one ‘Project Pandora.’ She was concocted from a mishmash of of DNA from some of the most powerful psychics preserved in the Arks. The current suspicion is that this was the work of AIM, but the scientists responsible for her eluded capture when she was found. Her childhood occurred in a personalized Framework. On good days, she believes it was designed to push her to develop both her powers and her strategic thinking. On bad days, she figures it was simply her own personal Hell.
It all started out nice and normal, with her the only child of a two-parent home with a white picket fence and a small menagerie of beloved pets. Then a series of murders began in the neighborhood. At age 16, Pandora failed to stop The Hooded Man, and her family was taken from her… then the week repeated. She failed again, and then again. On the fourth time loop, her powers manifested and she created the scariest thing she could think of to defeat The Hooded Man: her own psychokinetic version of it.
After her powers manifested, the scenarios became more cruel and random, forcing her to develop her combat abilities at an accelerated rate. She fought villains both real and imagined. Her success rate improved as she learned how to generate shields and move objects with her mind. After her first breakthrough, all of her powers have been tinged with imagery from her nightmares, even though she’s no longer afraid of most of them.
In the final loop, the one that she couldn’t get past, Ultron took possession of the world’s nuclear arsenal and let them fly, leaving her to flee to an underground bunker. Her powers weren’t enough, and she was forced to learn how to defend the place from electronic attack as well, leaving her an expert on cybersecurity after each failure led to Ultron’s combat shells breaking through her walls, and the loop resetting.
Pandora was rescued from the simulation when law enforcement raided the lab she was in. Her pod was part of the illegal scientific equipment. It wasn’t the only one, but she was the only survivor. The parties responsible escaped, as mentioned above. However, Pandora was safely thawed and introduced into real society. She hasn’t been awake long, and doesn’t quite know what to do. She has lined up some freelance cybersecurity work to pay the bills, but her future is unclear beyond that.
Chimera Hybrid incorporating genetic material from Jean Grey and other psychics.
I’m Never Letting It Happen Again, Even Though It Didn’t Really Happen The First Eight Times
Pandora grew up in a version of the Framework that got worse every time she failed a test, culminating in a number of apocalyptic scenarios before she escaped.
Any Detail Might Be The Key
Pandora grew up in a nightmare version of an adventure game, and tends to treat life like a puzzle. She’s meticulous, detail-oriented and stubborn. This can frustrate people in social situations, but it results in her catching things that others miss.
Power Suite One: Psychokinetic Constructs & Projection
Pandora has the power to summon creations made out of pure psychic force based on her imagination. It is similar in scope and intent to the powers of a Green Lantern ring, but an internal mutant ability. Rather than being simplistic and monocolored, her abilities take on appearances based on her subconscious fears, resulting in a host of manifestations that tend to freak people out even if they know they’re coming. The summoned Creature is The Hooded Man (Aspect: “Grip Like A Vise”).
- Creature Summoning - May call a creature/minion with 1 aspect and one Good (+3) skill. Creature has 2 physical and 2 mental stress boxes, 1 mild and one moderate consequence. During conflict you only have one action for you or your creature, but both may move.
- Flight - You may fly. Use Athletics to overcome obstacles or create advantages related to flight.
- Healing - May start physical consequence recovery using Will. May roll Will against Fair (+2) opposition to clear another character's stress track. Characters may only have stress cleared once per scene.
- Shielding - Create a barrier between zones. Attacks through it are defended with your Will. Successful attacks do mental stress to you or shatter the barrier and do half mental stress. Each barrier after the first gives you a Will penalty of -1.
- Telekinesis - Mentally move small objects in your or adjacent zones. Attack with Will against targets in your zone by hurling things.
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- It Looks Like a Living Nightmare -Your little summoned buddy might be as friendly as anything, but since It Looks Like a Living Nightmare, people tend to freak out. -
- Mass Hysteria - You can fill an entire zone with disturbing images: demons, monsters, the worst things you or anyone else can imagine. This illusory barrage stays in place until you will it away or leave the zone. - Everyone who enters your zone or ends their turn in your zone must overcome a Fair (+2) obstacle with Will or gain a mild mental consequence.