"Look, I don't want to hurt you, so just hand it over. It doesn't belong to you, and the people it does belong to want it back. Give it to me now, and I walk away, and this never happened."
Crazy Good Math Whiz
Because of a bullet lodged in his temporal lobe, Samuel went from being a gifted math Professor to being obscenely good at math, to the point of a sort of synesthesia allowing him to see math in everything around him. From the direction a gun is aimed, to the way sunlight refracts on a window, the calculations are visible as a sort of overlay to his reality.
Under the alias of Vector, Samuel was an unwilling employee of Worthington Industries. Always via handler, and layers of "delegation", Sammy was psychically brainwashed by an unidentified manager of the "reacquisition" department of WI. His skillset made him an excellent "problem solver" and his drive to always be doing something was fulfilled in this capacity. Having been freed from the control of whichever force had brainwashed him, said force knows that if Sammy's story ever makes it back to him, he'll be in a great deal of trouble. As such, Sammy is a wanted man, hunted by the personal retinue of the mysterious player.
I see math, people.
Sammy's mathematical synesthesia is not something he can turn on and off. He's ALWAYS seeing the computations. When someone takes a step, he sees the velocity of their stride, the angle of their legs, and the stress on the material under them caused by their weight, and how it is distributed by the portion that strikes the ground. This is a lot to process, of course, and Sammy can be distractible at times, especially if not focused on a case or involved in action.
While Sammy can feel emotions just fine, he's lousy at understanding the feelings of others. He often doesn't understand, or care about, other's motivations. If their motivations work along with his motivations, or at least his goals, then he's more than willing to work with them. If not, he probably can't be bothered. This is not to say he has no sympathy, however, and has a compulsion to root for the underdog. If he sees someone starving, he's likely to buy them a meal or give them a couple bucks, or do something to change their situation. If he's paid to retrieve something that someone stole, because they need to feed their family, however, Sammy will find that irrelevant.
Mechanical Effect: During a Shoot attack, spend a fate point and declare a specific condition you want to inflict on a target, like Shot in the Hand. If you succeed, you place that as a situation aspect on them in addition to hitting them for stress
Stunt Cost: 1
Power Suite One: The Math is Strong In This One
Due to the bullet lodged in his head, the math talent of this one time Professor was kicked into overdrive. He experiences a sort of mathematical synesthesia, where he sees the formula in.. well.. pretty much everything having to do with movement, numbers, etc. He sees patterns in almost any numerical value, if it exists.
Because of this, he has an uncanny knack of dodging pretty much anything coming at him physically. He doesn't really dodge a bullet. He just sees where the gun is aimed, and makes sure he's not where the bullet is going to be. When fighting a new opponent, it sometimes takes him some miniscule time to calculate their capabilities, due to the unknown variable of opponent's skill. However, most people rarely land a second blow.
This mathematical perception also allows him to see his enemy's weaknesses. It's not so much that Sammy has any sort of special weapon, it's that he knows exactly where to strike to do the most damage, and being able to near instantaneously calculate factors such as bone density, length of leg, position of bone given stance of target, etc, allowing him to break a leg using far less force than someone without his capabilities.
- Energy Blast - Make Shoot attacks with a range of up to 3 zones.
- Kinetic Acceleration - Make a Shoot attack. If your projectile could be harmed, it defends against the attack as well.
- Natural Weapon - Fight +2 while brawling with natural weapon.
- Precognition - Defend against physical attacks with Notice. Act before anyone who does not have Precognition in conflict.
- Master Precognition - +2 Notice when defending against physical attacks.
- Super Intelligence - +2 Will when solving puzzles, riddles and similar. Answer complicated mathematical problems instantly.
- Taskmastery - +2 Attack rolls against anyone who has dealt you physical stress this conflict.
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Extra Action - You can split your shifts between two different yet related actions adding a +1 to each action
- You Can’t Turn It Off -Despite your best attempts to keep it in check, your power is always active in small ways: pencils rot in your hand, and food spoils when you touch it. -
- "Did I do that?" - You can see the exact amount of force needed to break most objects or bend others, rendering them useless. Unfortunately, nothing ever seems to break cleanly. - Can remove/destroy one set object intentionally, but also do damage to at least one set object (or self) unintentionally as a byproduct of unknown or unavoidable variables.