When faced with a choice between two evils, I choose the one I haven't tried. - Mae West
Sebastian ‘Bastion’ Shaw II was grown in a tank at the behest of his more powerful then can be imagined father, a perfect clone created to be his heir should any such thing ever become required.
Bastion is unaware of this. His time in a Re-Gen tank involved a memory dump cobbled together from sources across the spectrum, chosen carefully by professionals that promised their cocktail of ‘childhood in a jar’ would offer up the perfect child.
They were wrong. With his mother ‘dead’ before he could remember her, and a father that was never home or at least never had time for a child, Bastion became a hellion of the highest order. The bane of nannies and butlers the world over, literally, he was known for clever but hurtful pranks and a complete disregard for the consequences of his actions.
Then he got super powers at 14 and became an entirely different kind of problem. Almost physically invulnerable, wealthy beyond imagination, connected at levels to high as to make powerful men quake in their boots, Bastion is the quintessential spoiled brat. He fears nothing because he’s never had anything to fear. He is invincible. He is attractive. He is RICH. He is connected in ways that make powerful men tremble. He is… the personification of wasted potential.
Maybe one day he’ll figure that out.
Hedonist 'son' of Sebastian Shaw
Bastion likes having fun. It breaks up the monotony of his existence, and so he'll have his fun come hell, high water, or the hand of god. The worst thing you can ever be is bored. He's pretty sure that's in the bible somewhere.
Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear to Tread
Bastion Shaw is a man without fear and as such he does what he likes, when he likes. He feeds his demons and his angels in equal measure with reckless disregard for the consequences of his actions.
Bastion's father is... Powerful. Capital P. So should Bastion end up in any sort of seriously deep shit with the various powers that be, he can almost always count on a rescue of one kind or another. He is a walking talking get out of jail free card. Of course, this also may make him a target for the sorts of people seeking the embarrassment of a Powerful man.
Description: Bastion is has a certain reputation around Chicago as invincible and quick to shows of violence. He is influential and wealthy and a man not to be trifled with. His family name only enhances this existing legend. When crossing his path it's not uncommon for the reputation to weigh heavy on the mind, and from there, the hand.
Mechanical Effect: You can use Contacts instead of Provoke to create advantages based on the fear generated by the sinister reputation you’ve cultivated for yourself and all the shady associates you have. You should have an appropriate aspect to pair with this stunt.
Stunt Cost: 1
Power Suite One: Energy Sponge
The more you pour it on, the scarier I get.
- Energy Absorption - May use Physique +2 to defend against energy based attacks and overcome energy based obstacles.
- Master Absorption - +2 Physique to defend against or overcome energy-based attacks and obstacles.
- Capacitance (x2) - Absorbing energy empowers you. It doesn’t matter if it should hurt you. Once you take it in, you can feel it surging through you. - Gain 'Filled With Energy' boost on successful defense or overcoming an obstacle with your power. Provides one boost per instance of this enhancement purchased at a time.
- Super Toughness - Armor:2 against any purely physical damage.
- Implacable - You gain Armor:4 against physical damage.
- Forced Movement - You move your target up to two zones
- Physical Recovery - You recover from all physical stress
- Normal Sucks - Being better then everyone is awesome, he's afraid to be normal.
- Regeneration - Punch me so I feel better, I think I have a boo-boo. - Whenever one of your physical consequences begins to recover, it gets renamed and moved to the next lower consequence slot, if available. This clears away mild consequences immediately. Additionally, at the end of a scene, if you have any mild physical consequences—whether they are recovering or not—they get cleared away automatically.
Bastion and Ian find a bit of common ground despite uncommon interests.
With Mary in isolation, it's time for Bastion to spill the beans. Kaylee and Sam are less than impressed.
Kamila and Harvey drop by the UAC to meet with Bastion regarding the pirating of SF tech and those suspicious amusement centers.
Bastion is the target of yet another attack - this one is kind of a step up on all the others
Bastion asks SHIELD to provide extra security for a valuable shipment of vibranium. Samantha Carter goes along, and Kani happens upon the convoy just as it's being attacked.
Kaylee, Bastion and others find themselves with unexpected company crashing their impromptu meeting. The company in question proves they're not to be pushed around.
Bastion drops by S.H.I.E.L.D. to talk shop with Kaylee about his company's investments and next decided course of action.
Bastion leans on the big guns at SHIELD to help him take down Whittaker
Bastion invites fellow investigators down to his interrogation cells to exchange information about the growing conspiracy they've uncovered.
The son of Sebastian Shaw is driving through Chicago when his limousine goes up in a massive explosion, and paramilitary assassins descend from the sky to kill him with plasma weapons. Things go downhill from there.
A fundraising event and an attempt on Bastions life ....
Bastion reports to his father on the failure of Connor's and exactly how much money the fool stole from one of the companies to fund his play for high Corporate functionary.
IC date: January 03, 2051 | Cast: Sebastian Shaw II | NPCs: Sebastian Shaw Senior
It was a dark and windy night. Then shots rang out.
Following the lead on the import company, Jericho, Bash't and Kaylee infiltrate the Hellfire Club.