“You must learn to control your dreams or your dreams will forever control you.”
Valeria was a reward for her parents, for years of dedication and outstanding service to Stark-Fujikawa. That thing that, already, so few could manage. A child. What they would get was something of a gamble, the DNA profile didn’t match any of the well-known ones such as Jean Grey or Scott Summers. To them, she was perfect.
When her X-gene activated there were some challenges, but the Corp was thrilled to have a fairly strong telepath to develop, covering her schooling and extra tutoring and then her higher education in return for her contracting with the Corp.
While Valeria has only been an employee with Stark-Fujikawa for a handful of years, she has a long history through her parents and as an intern and is considered a model employee.
Megacorp Mind Marshall
During her waking hours, Valeria is Classic Corp. Professional, loyal, using her telepathic abilities to keep Stark-Fujikawa’s interests intact from threats both foreign and domestic.
Nightmare by Moonlight
Valeria does not dream. Which isn’t to say that she doesn’t need the mental recharging of dreaming. In order to recharge, she must ‘ride’ the dreams of another. Alternatively, she can ‘consume’ the dreams of another, to recharge quickly. This counts as a mental attack.
You Are What You Eat
When Valeria consumes someone’s dream, she’s taking a part of them and making it part of her. That can have both useful or unwanted side effects depending on the nature of the person she is feeding from.
Here Be Dragons
Valeria is adept at learning about people through the disorienting world of their dreamscapes. In them, she keeps finding impressions that all have the same flavor. Given that the people in question don’t necessarily know each other or have anything in common, this is odd at best. There’s also something //terrifying// about it. Even worse, she’s started to sense it in the real world. Or… is she just going mad?
I Hear Your Inside Voice
Have you ever thought something unkind towards someone, but held your tongue to be nice or polite? Yeah, that doesn’t work well with Valeria. Like a lot of telepaths, she often can’t help but hear all those unkind or even dark thoughts that flit across a person’s mind. She doesn’t tend to put a lot of stock in what people say, and so ‘trust’ tends only to come after ‘verify’.
Power Suite One: Night & Day Mare
Valeria is considered a strong telepath with an exceptional ability to shield from prying psychic eyes. This makes her a valuable asset during confidential meetings to ensure that no one is being unduly influenced and to make sure corporate secrets aren’t leaked on sensitive projects. What you won’t find on her personnel file however is her ability to enter and affect the dreams of those around her.
- Influence - May roll Rapport vs Will. On success, may give the target a simple, short term command. Named NPCs or PCs opt to take 1 mental stress instead of following the command. No character will follow a command that will lead to obvious self harm.
- Telepathy - Choose one: Read emotions with Empathy, surface thoughts with Notice or deep thoughts and memories with Investigate in your zone or adjacent zone. Targets aware of telepathic capabilities may oppose with Will.
- Mental Blasts - You can make mental attacks with Will. Range is 3 zones. Someone taken out by a mental attack may be mind controlled or rendered comatose.
- Dreamwalk - You may interact with sleeping minds within range of your telepathic abilities by entering their dreams. You may communicate with the target and interact with the dream itself but have no control over what happens outside your own actions.
- Dreamshape - You may affect the environment, nature or course of a dream you have entered, changing details such as events, settings or even your own manifestation. These changes are made with Empathy. Lucid Dreamers may attempt to resist them with Will.
- Dream Psychologist - As per the Psychologist stunt. Can only be done via dreams. - Once per session you can reduce someone else’s consequence by one level of severity (severe to moderate, moderate to mild, mild to nothing at all) by succeeding on an Empathy roll with a difficulty of Fair (+2) for a mild consequence, Good (+3) for moderate, or Great (+4) for severe. You need to talk with the person you’re treating for at least half an hour in order for them to receive the benefits of this stunt, and you can’t use it on yourself. (Normally, this roll would only start the recovery process, instead of changing the consequence level.)
- Psychic Shield x2 - +2 to Will to yourself or another to resist psychic intrusion or attack
- Inflict Condition - You add an aspect to the target which you can invoke once for free
- Mental Recovery - You recover from all mental stress
- Tend to Abuse Your Power -When you can read others’ thoughts but nobody’s reading your own, you Tend to Abuse Your Power. -
- Psychic Maelstrom - Anyone who ends their turn in your zone takes 2 mental stress, and anyone who ends in a zone adjacent to yours takes 1 mental stress. This effect persists until you choose to end it or the end of the scene.