Below is a list of banned characters and concepts as well as a list of those who are available for use as an NPC. Please note that this list is liable to change from time to time as things develop and things will most likely be added to it as they come up. We’ve tried to cover the bases but the Marvel universe is pretty big. There will be things we have overlooked.
On the topic of NPCs, if you’d like to use one just let us know. The characters on the list marked with an * have places in the game’s metaplot and will not be available for use any time soon, but any others are useable. Just submit a ticket with what you’d like to do with them. In the future, character sheets will be available for NPC’d characters.
Banned or Out of Theme
- Mystical, Cosmic and other Artifacts
- “Lesser” versions, copies, or otherwise duplicateable might be allowed. For example, Captain America’s Shield is off the table. But a close facsimile replica is doable. Magik’s Soulsword with its control of Limbo isn’t an option, but soul-daggers or “soulshard” weapons (which may or not be pieces of the original Soulsword) could be made.
- Aliens (Kree, Skrull, Shiar, Symbiote, Etc) & Space Travelers
- ICly the Space Empires are worried that the Phage could cross species (given that Humans seem to be genetically compatible with every damned thing) and have blockaded the system. OOCly our focus is on mutants, and being able to let people “overlap” characters. The alien characters just complicate this too much.
- This includes Asgardians, Olympians and others (except where may be noted as reserved for NPC use). They are missing, dead or have abandoned Earth.
- Phoenix Force
- Kun Lun is closed in this continuity and has been for some time. It’s martial arts defenders and agents are not present on earth at this time.
- Savage Lands *
- The Savage Lands exists, but remains undiscovered and is not likely to be discovered in the near future.
- Deadpool/Lady Deadpool/Gwenpool/Similar
- Hulk/Hulk Family/Hulk Adversaries (except where noted for NPC use. Gamma treatments are still a thing though so an original concept with Gamma related powers is doable, provided the player is fine with them starting at with the same c-gen resources as everyone else).
- Shadow King
- The High Evolutionary and the New Men
Reserved For NPC Use
- Ghost Rider
- Mr. Sinester*
- HYDRA Leaders
- Red Skull
- Wonder Man
- Liz Allan