Since Inheritance Gambit uses the Fate RPG system, we use a modified version of their Milestone system. We track your experience by player, not by character.
We call the pieces of XP ‘Shards’. When you have enough, they convert to Milestones.
You get Shards the following ways:
- .5 Shards per day passive gain. As long as you’re Active, you’ll get this.
- .5 Shards per day for logging into the website. We keep a lot of important information here, including news posts, replies to tickets, etc.
- 1 Shard for posting a log of any kind. We want to see your RP! All of it! (OK, not quite all of it. No TS logs, please.)
- 10 Shards for being in a posted logs that relate to a plot, an issue or addresses the theme of the game and progresses actions or issues that arise. There is a checkbox in the form when a log is posted that will submit a Ticket and shards are awarded manually.
- 14 Shards for being the Storyteller of a plot or issue log (the log must be posted!) or running a scene that addresses the theme of the game and progresses actions or issues that arise. If you put the work in, we want to reward you!
- You may swap a skill with an adjacent one on a Character of your choice. This could be making your Will +3 and Fight +4 into Will +4 and Fight +3 or it could be changing your Shoot +1 and Resources +0 to Shoot +0 and Resources +1
- You may change/modify an Aspect on a Character of your choice, including your Trouble but not your High Concept.
- You may add an Aspect on a Character of your choice, up to a total of five Aspects (including High Concept and Trouble)
Every 60 Shards = 1 Significant Milestone
- Adds a skill point to a character of your choice. Please keep in mind that the number of skills at each rank must not exceed the rank below. For example, if you have four skills at +3 and four skills at +2, you cannot have a fifth skill at +3 until you have five skills at +2.
Every 120 Shards = 1 Major Milestone
- Adds one Refresh to a Character of your choice.
- Allows you to change/modify your High Concept on a Character of your choice.
- This is in addition to, and not in place of, your Significant milestone.
To ‘spend’ XP, please submit a ticket telling us:
- What Milestone you’re spending
- What Character it’s being spent on
- How it’s being spent
In order to keep Characters from becoming too powerful, we’ve implemented Experience Decay, so the more powerful your Character is, the more expensive it will be to improve them. Characters start at 3 Refresh. At 10 Refresh, it will take 2 of the appropriate Milestones for that Character.
Characters that are built on 15 Refresh will be ‘capped’ and you will not be able to spend Major milestones on them.
At the time of writing this, we don’t have any characters with XP. We may adjust the numbers depending on play.