For a history of events, please see our Timeline.
Things to keep in mind:
We are not a canon game. While many of the early comic events have happened in some form in our history, very few people in the ‘today’ of the MUSH know any of the details.
- In general, the world’s knowledge of mutants at the time of the Genoshan Conflict is similar to that during the 1980’s, where the X-Men were considered by many to be an urban myth until the explosive conflict. At the time of death/disappearance, most of our heroes were in their mid 20’s.
- By the time of the MUSH, all that is known of most of the major characters are their codenames and some of their powers.
- The Ark’s have a lot more genetic templates than heroes or villains that were known at the time. This helps to account for “younger” characters who were introduced much later in continuity such as Generation-X or Young X-Men .
- Most 2nd generation (children of) or “Legacy” type characters never existed, such as Cable or Nate Gray. Our “Hybrid” characters can help you get around this.
Characters with a Framework background can have pretty much any background you’d like, including those from canon, be it the current run, Age of Apocalypse, a What If?! issue, etc. WHY someone programmed that background is a mystery.
Characters can have been in a SHARED Framework experience. That’s entirely on the players.
- Africa, Central Asia and parts of Central and South America are in a state of social collapse.
- European States regard non-humans as test material for various Human Revitalization/Restoration projects. Cloned Mutants and Inhumans are regarded as property. HYDRA operates openly in Eastern Europe and Russia having functionally replaced the government in many nations and has great influence in most of Western Europe.
- Europe is the center of a Trans-Human technological revolution, and many nations – particularly those under HYDRA’s sway – are experimenting with ‘Augmented Evolution’.
- US and East Asian populations are concentrated in large Mega City metro complexes. Government authority in the countryside can be tenuous. Non-Human rights protected, but tenuous. Mutants and Inhumans are targeted by radical movements such as the Purifiers.
- SHIELD operates under mostly American funding as the supra-national security arm of the Trans Pacific Coalition
- China’s borders closed for the last 40 years. Very little heard out of China.
- International Relations extremely strained. UN essentially non-functional. New Power Blocs arising in the form of the European Union and the Japanese-Australian-American ‘Trans-Pacific Coalition’.